Caroline Scott Hommell is from New Orleans, Louisiana. She obtained her undergraduate degree from Louisiana State University in 2010, where she was involved in the Honors College, and then attended Mississippi College School of Law, where she earned a Civil Law Certificate and was a leader in many student organizations. She graduated and began practicing law in 2014.
She is admitted to practice in all Mississippi state and federal courts as well as the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, and has appeared in oral argument before the Mississippi Court of Appeals. She has also tried cases before all eight judges and three commissioners of the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission.
Prior to joining Reeves & Mestayer, Caroline maintained a statewide practice focused on representing injured workers in workers’ compensation and longshore cases, and was the managing attorney of that firm’s Gulfport office. She is an elected officer in both Mississippi Association for Justice and the Mississippi Women Lawyers Association. Caroline is a frequent presenter and lecturer on workers’ compensation and longshore cases in Mississippi.
- 2014, JD, Mississippi College School of Law
- 2010, BA, Louisiana State University
- Admitted to practice in all Mississippi state and federal courts
- Has appeared before the Mississippi Court of Appeals, and all 8 judges and 3 commissioners of the Mississippi Workers’ Compensation Commission.
- Managing attorney for a statewide workers’ compensation law firm
- University of Mississippi Medical Center, Office of General Counsel
- Benton Public Interest Fellow, Mississippi Volunteer Lawyer’s Project
- United States Attorney’s Office, Criminal Division
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Mississippi Association for Justice, Women’s Caucus Vice Chair, Board of Governors
- Mississippi Women Lawyers Association, South Mississippi Chair
- American Association for Justice
- Harrison County Young Lawyers Division
- Shannon Eng’g & Constr. Co. v. Perkins, 218 So. 3d 772
- Minor v. RGT Mgmt., 2018 Miss. App. LEXIS 578
- Wright v. Turan-Foley Motors, Inc., 2018 Miss. App. LEXIS 35
- Cox v. Mem’l Hosp. at Gulfport, 2018 Miss. App. LEXIS 337