Mississippi, Louisiana and Alabama Premises Liability Attorneys
A slip and fall (or trip and fall) on someone else’s property is the most common type of premises liability claim. Slip and fall injuries can be very serious and are sometimes fatal. We understand your pain and we know how to deal with the insurance company in slip and fall accident claims.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Biloxi or anywhere in Mississippi, the aggressive and ethical premises liability attorneys of Reeves & Mestayer are here to fight for just compensation on your behalf. Please, do not hesitate to call and schedule your free consultation and get on your way to getting your life back together.
Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Property and business owners have a duty to maintain a safe environment. Slip and fall accidents often occur when a property or business owner fails to remove or correct a hazard in a timely fashion or warn customers, guests and others of the hazard so that they can avoid it.
Slip and fall accidents are not limited to falls that happen inside of buildings and establishments. Falls on sidewalks and outdoor walkways as well as parking lots and parking garages are quite common and are still the responsibility of the property owner. Common causes of slip and fall/trip and fall accidents include:
- Obstacles, debris or messes left in walkways
- Failure to promptly clean up spills
- Slippery residue left on floors from cleaning products and other substances
- Failure to post warning signs for wet floors during cleaning
- Leaky refrigeration or air conditioning unit
- Lack of warning signs for hazardous conditions
- Uneven stairs
- Missing or damages railing
- Step up or step down which is not marked
- Uneven floors or walkways
- Damaged flooring or stairs
- Slick flooring or walkway materials
- Loose carpeting or rugs
- Tripping hazards such as cords and cables across walkways
- Low obstacles such as open cabinets or drawers
- Poor lighting
- Cracked or damaged sidewalks
- Parking lot damage, such as potholes
- Loose gravel
- Filthy conditions leading to overgrowth of slick mold
- Elevators, escalators, or moving sidewalks that are damaged or malfunction
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Biloxi or anywhere in Mississippi, you may be entitled to significant compensation. Call us today!